Cambridge Vocabulary for Advanced
Covering vocabulary needed for Cambridge English: Advanced, also known as Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), this handy practice book offers useful tips on how to approach the exam, as well as vocabulary notes on usage and errors warnings based on real exam performance. Vocabulary is presented in realistic contexts and typical learner errors are highlighted to help candidates avoid classic pitfalls. The topic-based unit approach means the material can easily be used to supplement an exam coursebook.
Key Features of this Title
- Mapped to the Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) exam with coverage of all papers so that students immediately see the relevance of the vocabulary work to the exam papers they sit.
- Appendix containing key word lists, including collocations, phrasal verbs, etc. is a useful checklist and revision resource for students.
- Regular progress tests allow students to consolidate their learning and chart their progress
- Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus, including the Cambridge Learner Corpus to ensure that vocabulary is presented in genuine contexts, and covers the errors that students really make.
- Includes 'Exam tips' on how to approach exam tasks. 'Vocabulary notes' allow students to build their study skills and provide additional information on the vocabulary related to the topic.
- Topic-based approach means that material can easily be used to supplement an exam coursebook.