Cambridge Grammar of English
Advanced to Graduate students
The Cambridge Grammar of English is a major reference grammar from the world's leading grammar publisher. Using ground breaking language research, it offers clear explanations of spoken and written English based on real everyday usage. A clear two-part structure makes the book particularly user-friendly. In the first section, A-Z entries give more attention to lexico-grammar and other language areas that tend to be neglected in grammar references. The second section covers traditional grammatical categories such as tense, clause structure and parts of speech. The accompanying CD-ROM makes the Cambridge Grammar of English even more accessible with: * The whole book in handy, searchable format. * Audio recordings of all the examples from the book. * Links to the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary online for instant definitions of new vocabulary.
Key Features of this Title
- Over 7,000 examples of English grammar illustrated.
- User-friendly, two-part structure covers grammar and usage.
- The most comprehensive coverage of spoken and written English.
- Special focus on difficult language areas and guidance on avoiding common mistakes.
- Differences between British and American English clearly explained.
- Winner of British Council Innovation Award 2007